SEO Career is an internship program targeting Black, Hispanic, and Native American undergraduates. Through our development program, SEO EDGE, we provide the Education, Development, Growth, and
Experience needed to compete for internship opportunities with SEO Career partner organizations.
The goal of SEO EDGE is to help you land an internship with an SEO Career partner. Once you accept a partner internship, you’ll become and SEO Career intern. The goal of SEO Career interns is to land a full-time job offer. Once you complete the summer internship, you’ll become an SEO Career alumnus.
Our partners are seeking talented candidates for roles in business, finance, and technology including: Asset Management, Investment Banking, Corporate Finance, Transaction Services, Internal Audit, Consulting, Human Resources, Marketing, Technology, Sales & Trading, Operations, Real Estate Private Equity, and more. Summer internships with our partners pay $8,000 – $14,000 over 8-10 weeks.
The goal of SEO EDGE is to prepare you to be a strong candidate for the internship selection process.
SEO EDGE Participants receive:
- Education and exposure to help you select an internship track
- Online-training to help you develop an awareness of the industry and roles you desire
- Guidance and coaching to help you grow as a professional and interview well
- Preparation for the summer internship experience that will launch your career
Internship Selection Process:
While participation in SEO EDGE does not guarantee an internship role, the training, resources, and exposure you’ll gain will greatly enhance your chances. The internship selection process is separate, and more details will be provided to selected participants.
SEO Career will recommend selected EDGE participants to our partner organizations for consideration. Our partners may conduct their own review process. Those selected by partners will become SEO Career interns. SEO Career interns will receive additional training and coaching before and during the internship and will become SEO Career Alumni upon completion of the summer internship. Those who are not selected by partners will be considered for other SEO Career opportunities.
SEO Career interns:
If you accept an offer from a partner and from SEO Career, you will become an SEO Career intern. The expectation is that you will accept both offers and participate fully as an SEO Career intern.
In 2015, 85% of SEO Career interns were offered full-time jobs at the end of their internships – either at their host company or another SEO Career partner. SEO Career interns who successfully complete their internships join the ranks of 7,000+ successful SEO Career alumni.
SEO Career interns receive:
- Online-training and virtual coaching during the spring semester to prepare you for the summer
- A two week in-person training focused what you need to know to be successful – i.e. financial statement analysis, valuations, modeling, Excel, PowerPoint, macros, communication skills, attention to detail, and more
- Access to top industry leaders, c-level executives, and hiring managers through our seminar series
- A worldwide network of successful alumni
- Mentoring and guidance from our coaches, who have industry experience (many of whom are SEO alums)