Since 1980, SEO has provided underrepresented college students of color with paid summer internships leading to full-time jobs. More than 30 years later, Blacks, Hispanics, and Native Americans are still underrepresented in many top entry level jobs.
SEO Internships are open to underrepresented undergraduates of color who will graduate from a 4-year accredited U.S. college or university. SEO internships are open to ALL majors. Applicants must have a 3.0 GPA without exception.
How SEO Determines Eligibility
Eligibility is based on graduation date not class standing or credits. (When in doubt consider the date after which you would be available to start a full-time job or law school.) SEO defines class years as follows:
- Freshmen - Will have two more summers in addition to the SEO Summer before graduating
- Sophomores - Will have one more summer in addition to the SEO Summer before graduating
- Juniors - Will graduate in the winter or spring after the SEO Summer (after one or two semesters)
- Seniors - Will graduate before the SEO Summer Begins
- Graduates - Already graduated
Eligibility by Graduation
- Freshmen are eligible for SEO-U
- Sophomores who are not eligible for their internship of interest should apply for the SEO-U program. If a spot becomes available, you will automatically be considered for an internship.
- Sophomores are eligible for Asset Management, Finance/Accounting (Banking), Investment Banking, Nonprofit, Sales & Trading, Technology (Banking or Nonprofit)
- Sophomores who are not selected for an internship will automatically be considered for the SEO-U program
- Corporate Leadership partners may consider a minimal number of sophomores. We will contact candidates directly about these opportunities.
- Juniors are eligible for Asset Management, Consulting, Engineering, Finance/Accounting (Banking or Corporate), Human Resources, Investment Banking, Investment Research, Marketing/Sales, Nonprofit, Private Equity, Sales & Trading, Technology (Banking, Corporate, or Nonprofit), and Transaction Services
- Seniors and graduates, who are applying to law school are eligible for Law only
There are opportunities for international students as described below. International students must have an F-1 visa and remaining CPT or OPT work authorization
- Junior international students with F-1 visa and CPT or OPT remaining are eligible for Investment Banking, Sales & Trading and Technology (Banking)
- Sophomore international students are only eligible for Technology (Banking)
Please explore each internship for details about coursework, experience, or other requirements
and contact your recruiter with questions.