SEO Career interns are responsible for their own housing, travel expenses, and transportation. Outside of urban areas, you will need a driver’s license and car.
Start your search as soon as you are accepted, as there are varying application deadlines you must meet in order to secure housing in certain locations.
Interviews or networking opportunities may be scheduled for the end of your internship so arrange accommodations for a week after the end of your internship to take full advantage of all that the SEO Career summer has to offer. You MUST refer to your enrollment letter for specific training dates for your internship. Typical dorm housing dates range from late May to early August.
Some partner companies provide housing assistance in the form of subsidies, stipends, and/or reimbursements for all or part of an intern’s housing and/or travel-related expenses. This can be discussed with SEO Career staff during the offer/placement process.
- Website that can be used to find roommates, short term sublets from college students, and mostly furnished apartments
- (310) 465-5578
PALO ALTO & MENLO PARK
- classified listings in Stanford, CA
SAN FRANCISCO & OAKLAND
- (415) 230-5313
- 162 N State Street
Chicago, IL 60601
- Thomas Beckham Hall
1250 South Halsted Street
Chicago, IL 60607
- For more information or to schedule a tour, please contact Courtney Chamerski and Joseph Bernickat (312) 355-6318 or email email@example.com
- student classified housing near Ohio State University
- classified housing in Ohio state
Hotpads.com: Massachusetts short-term housing
- Department of Residence Life & Housing
73 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02108
- Boston University Housing
25 Buick Street
Boston, AM 02215
FLORHAM PARK, HANOVER & JERSEY CITY
- Contact: Patricia Devlin
973-290-4428 or 973-290-4384
2 Convent Road
Morristown, NJ 07960-6989
- 17-8th Avenue
Newark, NJ 07104
Rates: $700-$1125/month (depending on type of room and meals included)
- 68 Duffy Hall
400 South Orange Ave.
South Orange, NJ 07079
- Non student Housing contact Albert Cardona
- $39.00 per person/per night (double occupancy)
$57.00 per person/per night (single occupancy)
Take a look at some of our favorite local guides to Living In New York!
** RECOMMENDED: New York University Summer Housing
- Manhattan Locations: Downtown and Midtown, Greenwich Village, Kip’s Bay, SOHO
- Application Deadline in late March
- If you are an NYU student, you can check in earlier; check website for details
- Check-out is acceptable every Saturday during the summer session
- Minimum stay: 3 weeks;
- Maximum Stay: 11 weeks
** RECOMMENDED: School of Visual Arts
- Locations: Flat Iron District, Midtown Manhattan
American Youth Hostels
- 160 E 25th St.
New York, NY 10010
(212) 679-0680 or (212) 684-8337
- Curfew: Monday-Thursday 11:30 Pm; Friday-Sunday 12:00 AM
- 249 W 14th Street
New York, NY 10011
- Available to women age 18+
- All shared rooms with baths for $160/weekly
- Curfew mentioned
Centro Maria Residence*
- 539 West 54th Street
New York, NY 10019
(212) 757-6989 or (212) 581-5273
- Available to women ages 18-29
- Includes breakfast and dinner, Monday through Friday
- Curfew: Sunday-Thursday 11:30PM, Friday-Saturday 12:00AM
- Manhattan Location: Morningside Heights
- Apply online at the “Intern Housing Application” link available from Columbia University housing website. Make sure to stay abreast of Columbia Housing application and payment deadlines.
- Begin Accepting Application: February 13
- Rates TBD
- Contact Juan Herrara for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Home stay, furnished with a bed, desk, dresser, and lamp.
- Utilities are included in room rate, along with wireless internet and a complimentary breakfast served each morning
- Rooms are $29.95 per day with a minimum stay of 1 week.
- 1-800-3297-4694 (be sure to mention you are an SEO intern)
- Pell-Eligible Program with SEO. The rate for each property under this program will be $2,850 for the summer!
- 406 West 31st Street
New York, NY 10001
- 11 Rivington Street
New York, NY 10002
- Minimum stay: 30 nights.
- Maxmimum is 30, call (212) 979-9815 for longer reservation
- 432 W 20th St
New York, NY 10011
- 500 Riverside Dr.
(212) 316-8400 or (212) 316-8436
Washington Jefferson Hotel
- 318 W 51st St
New York, NY 10019
- FOR WOMEN ONLY
- 419 W 34th St
New York, NY 10001
- By Application ONLY (first come, first served)
- Includes 2 meals/day and mail service.
- Private and shared bathrooms available.
- Last posted rate – $20 per night and includes all taxes, plus a $10 key deposit.
- The key deposit is refunded when guests return the key before checkout.
- 340 Bowery
New York, NY 10012
- SINGLE ROOMS $27.94 -$29.57 plus taxes.
- Linens and a towel are provided.
- Off-season, guests may receive a double room at no further cost if available.
- Full charges include taxes which are displayed when you book a reservation.
- 580 Greene Avenue
- Utilities and wireless internet are included, along with a communal kitchen and bathroom
- Daily rates start at $25 per day
- new apartment sublet postings every Tuesday night/Wednesday
- new apartment sublet postings every Sunday
- Student housing classifieds in Raleigh
- 1112 Pullen Hall, Raleigh, NC 27695
- $21.50 per night for Summer 2015, May 16 – August 2
- North Carolina housing classifieds
- 1906 Pearl Street
Austin, TX 78705
- (512) 505-1000
- Dobie Center has been consistently voted UT’s #1 private student residence
- 2305 Nueces
Austin, TX 78705
- 4444 Cullen Boulevard
Houston, TX 77004 USA
(713) 748 2606
- Only if you are University Affiliated
- South Campus, Anderson Hall
4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-8142
- Housing & Residence Life
George Mason University
4400 University Drive, MS 3F6
Fairfax, VA 22032
- $266.00 per week, per person for a single bedroom within an apartment ($38.00 per night) and
- $210.00 per week, per person for a double bedroom within an apartment ($30.00 per night)
- Note: OHRL requires a four-week minimum stay. A non-refundable deposit of $275.00, which is applied towards the total bill, is required to reserve a space for the summer.
- Various locations
- A variety of options for on-campus housing arrangements
- 1825 R Street, NW
Washington, DC 20009
- Dormitory-style housing
- The Congressional Apartment Building
215 Constitution Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20002
- Fully furnished intern housing. Free to apply.
Housing Information Sources for Washington, DC:
- Homestay.com – Provides housing assistance to visiting students
- Washington City Paper – Classified section
Other DC Resources:
- Hostels.com – Lists hostels throughout the US (and worldwide)
- Internnation.com – Connect to housing, roommates and other interns nationwide.
- Roomorama.com – Offering over 3,500 properties across 9 major cities in the US for short term rent
- Sublet.com – Apartment rentals, sublets, houses, and rooms for rent in major US cities
- Sarahomestay.com– Sara’s Homestay provides short term housing solutions and programs in various cities in the US and the world
- Housing and Residential Life
Howard Johnson Hall, Room 1-09
Room/ Price (2015)
- Double/ $1,885
- Single/ $2,160
- Double as a Single (If Offered)/ $2,480