- Click to create an account. Enter your email address and choose a password
- You will receive an email confirmation upon submission. If you do not receive confirmation, check your spam folder.
- After you create your account you will be asked to complete the additional sections of the application, all of which must be completed before we can evaluate your candidacy:
- Contact and personal info
- Academic info
- Interest and experience
- Choose your new area of interest from the drop down menu
- You can upload a draft of your resume in Word.
- Additional info
- Law Info
- Return to your account to update this information as needed
Who Should Apply?
While all are welcome to apply, we target Black, Hispanic, and Native American candidates.
All applicants must have:
- Graduated from or be graduating from an accredited, four-year, U.S. college or university, or foreign equivalent.
- Taken the LSAT and plan to attend law school in the U.S. starting in the fall of the year in which they plan to do the internship (e.g., only students starting law school in the fall of 2016 are eligible for the internship program during the summer of 2016).
- A 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA.
International students are not eligible for law internships.
Competitive candidates exhibit:
- A drive to succeed as evidenced by academic achievement, professional experiences, and campus involvement
- A willingness to learn and take on new challenges
- A leadership orientation, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to thrive in team environments
- Professionalism, maturity, and strong communication skills
- Business acumen, attention to detail, and comfort with financial and economic concepts
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capabilities
When Should I Apply?
You should apply to the SEO Law Program after you apply to law school. We start reviewing applications in the winter and invite candidates to interview beginning in January. We inform candidates of our decisions in the spring, generally late April.
- Applications: accepted between November 1, 2015 and March 25th, 2016
- Interviews: scheduled between January and April, 2016
- Proof of law school enrollment: due no later than April 26, 2016
- SEO Admissions decisions: made beginning in the spring of 2016
- Program start date: May 2016