SEO Law’s summer program begins in New York City at SEO Orientation to help interns start off a successful summer. SEO leadership, law partners and distinguished professors provide targeted guidance during this initial week on corporate etiquette, law firm expectations of summer interns, networking strategies, negotiation workshops, memo writing techniques and legal research, among other topics.
During the summer, while working at their respective firms, interns participate remotely in SEO Exam Academy. In Exam Academy, interns take real law school exams which are reviewed by professional legal writing coaches who provide interns with detailed feedback on their work product. Exam Academy provides interns with valuable experience taking law school exams.
At the end of the firm internship, interns return to New York City to participate in SEO Law Institute, an exclusive one-week lecture series and networking forum led by top corporate lawyers and distinguished law school professors. Conceived in partnership with our law partners, Law Institute teaches pre-law school interns the skills necessary to excel during their first year in law school.
Past SEO Law Institute Topics include:
- Overviews of 1L courses
- Torts (Professor Regina Austin, University of Pennsylvania School of Law)
- Civil Procedure (Professor Arthur Miller, New York University School of Law)
- Criminal Law (Professor Ken Levy, Louisiana State University School of Law)
- Constitutional Law (Professor Tobias Wolff, University of Pennsylvania School of Law)
- Contracts (Professor Liam Murphy, New York University School of Law)
- Property (Professor Dan Kelly, University of Notre Dame Law School)
- 1L Study Skills
- How to Take Law School Exams
Track Record of Success
The SEO Law program has over 1,200 alumni, including more than 650 who graduated from law school within the last 7 years. At least 35 SEO law alumni are partners at major law firms. At least 16 SEO law alumni are General Counsel, and at least 58 SEO law alumni are Associate/Assistant General Counsel or Senior Counsel at major corporations, such as Amazon, BlackRock, American Express, Dyson, HBO, American Airlines, Google, etc. At least 32 SEO law alumni currently serve as district attorneys, assistant district attorneys, deputy attorney general/assistant attorney general, and law clerks (including for a justice in the U.S. Supreme Court).